April 14, 2016
New Evidence Highlights Effectiveness and Value of Amniox Medical Products
ATLANTA – April 14, 2016 – Amniox Medical, Inc., a TissueTech™, Inc., company, announced today that eight clinical posters demonstrating the effectiveness of Neox® Wound Allograft – Amniox’s proprietary cryopreserved Umbilical Cord and Amniotic Membrane (UC/AM) product for chronic wound management – will be presented at this week’s Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) and Wound Healing Society Meeting. The meeting is being held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, from April 13-17.
Following peer review, all eight posters were accepted for presentation at the symposium. These posters present therapeutic and surgical applications of Neox Would Allograft in a range of severe wound types, including chronic diabetic ulcers, some with exposed bone; ulcers caused by livedoid vasculopathy; calciphylaxis; and large traumatic wounds. In all cases, patients achieved complete healing of their wounds within one to two applications of Neox, with minimal to no scarring, significantly reduced pain and improved mobility.
Thomas J. Dugan, Chief Executive Officer of Amniox Medical, said, “Across all of the cases presented in these eight posters, Neox helped clinicians close difficult-to-heal wounds in a relatively short time, and enhance quality of life for patients with reduced pain and improved outcomes in other important ways. In many cases, these outcomes resulted in saved limbs and very likely saved lives. This is extraordinarily gratifying, and we are delighted that so many great examples of Neox’s clinical effectiveness and value can be shared with this year’s SAWC attendees. It is this clinical success that has resulted in amniotic membrane-based products quickly becoming the most frequently used advanced tissue therapy for the treatment of chronic wounds.”
Amniox Medical is featuring its Neox Wound Allograft and other products at Booth #753. The body of new evidence on display at SAWC includes the following posters:
- Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord* (cUC) Treatment for the Healing of Acute, Traumatic Wounds, Justin L. Cutler, DO
- The Use of a Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord/Amnion Graft for Complete Healing Over Exposed Bone, Howard Myles Kimmel, DPM,MBA and Allen Raphael, DPM
- Calciphylaxis: Avoiding Amputation through Utilization of Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord/Amniotic Membrane (UC/AM), Ken C. Nguyen, DPM
- Benefits of Using Umbilical Cord with Amniotic Membrane versus Amniotic Membrane Alone in Wound Healing, Reina Deogracias, DPM, Natalia Batista, DPM, Rosemarie Resendez, DPM and Howard Kimmel, DPM.
- Surgical Implantation Technique for Treating Chronic Ulcers Utilizing Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord (UC)*, Allen Raphael, DPM and Andrew Raines, PhD
- Novel Technique Utilizing Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord (UC)* with Negative Pressure Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Ulcers, Allen Raphael, DPM, Andrew L. Raines, PhD and Julie
- Livedoid Vasculopathy: Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane* Transplantation Accelerates Wound Healing and Eliminates Scarring, Rosemarie Resendez, DPM, FACFAS
- Use of Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord* on Plantar Foot Full Thickness Recalcitrant Ulceration, Sinthikka Sivarajapillai MD, SA-C and John F. Kane DPM, SA-C
Amniox parent TissueTech pioneered the commercialization and clinical application of human umbilical cord and amniotic membrane to promote regenerative healing. In utero, wound healing occurs rapidly and with minimal scar. This restorative ability is innate to these placental tissues and can be preserved and transplanted to adults. Heavy chain hyaluronic acid/pentraxin-3 (HC-HA/PTX3) is the key protein complex present in these tissues to orchestrate that regenerative healing process.
Amniox Medical is the first provider of a human tissue allograft composed of both umbilical cord and amniotic membrane. Amniox utilizes its proprietary CryoTek process, a cryopreservation technology that preserves the biological and structural integrity of these tissues more effectively than other available technologies. Since the company’s inception, more than 200,000 human transplants of its products have been performed and more than 300 peer-reviewed studies supporting its technology platform have been published.
About Amniox Medical, Inc.
Founded in 2011 to serve the orthopedic and wound care markets, Amniox Medical is dedicated to developing and marketing regenerative therapies processed from umbilical cord and amniotic membrane utilizing its proprietary CryoTek technology. This process has been proven to preserve the innate biological and structural properties of the matrix, which can then be transplanted to adult wound and surgical environments. Amniox Medical procures its tissue through elective donation following healthy live birth via Cesarean section. Thorough donor screening is performed to ensure the safety of its products. For additional information, please visit http://www.biotissue.com.
About TissueTech, Inc.
TissueTech, Inc., the parent company of Amniox Medical, Inc. and BioTissue, Inc., pioneered the development and clinical application of regenerative, amniotic tissue-based products. Amniox Medical develops and markets products for use in the musculoskeletal and wound care markets; BioTissue develops and markets products for the ophthalmology and optometry markets. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has supported TissueTech’s research with more than 25 continuous years of research grants. Since the company’s inception, clinicians have performed more than 200,000 human implants of the company’s products and published more than 300 peer-reviewed studies supporting its technology platform. The Company’s first product, AmnioGraft®, is the only tissue graft designated by the FDA as homologous for promoting ophthalmic wound healing while suppressing scarring and inflammation.