Packaging & Storage
Ocular: General Tissue Storage Information
BioTissue Ocular products (Prokera®, AmnioGraft®, & AmnioGuard®) are shipped in a temperature-controlled container and can be kept in the shipping container until the marked expiration date/time. Once removed from the shipping container, the products should be stored in a refrigerator or freezer according to the following guidelines:
Location and Temperature
- Unopened insulated shipping container
-80°C → 4°C (-112°F → 39.2°F)
Example: ultra-low temperature freezer, standard freezer, or standard refrigerator
Use After Receipt
- Within the expiration date printed on outer shipping box
Within the expiration date printed on product packaging (2 years from date of manufacture)
Refer to BioTissue’s Amniotic Membrane individual Product Inserts for more details.
Surgical: General Tissue Storage Information
From decades of research, our proprietary CryoTek® preservation process has been designed to maintain the native tissue than dehydration without the live cellular components to optimize safety and delivery. The result is an amniotic allograft that delivers:
- Convenient Storage – Our cryopreserved matrices can be safely stored in a standard refrigerator for up to 2 years.
- Preparation Efficiency – With no thawing requirements or complicated preparation procedures, BioTissue Surgical products are ready when you are.
- Operational Flexibility – The matrix remains stable even when left at room temperature for up to 6 hours and returned to storage – minimizing wastage.
- Superior Handling – With an unmatched thickness 10x thicker than amniotic membrane alone, our umbilical cord-based products simplify handling and surgical placement over thinner alternatives.
- This process yields a matrix that simplifies usage and storage without compromising its structural or functional integrity.
Product Handling: NanoCool®
- 72-hour life in NanoCool shipment container
- 96-hour NanoCools are used for Friday shipments
- Remove the product from box and place in fridge or freezer until use
- Unopen products can be out of the freezer for up to 6 hours
- SteriTek® products must be stored at room temperature
- NanoCool is a registered trademark of NanoPore Inc