Prokera is similar to a large contact lens. You may experience awareness of the ring but it is not painful. For optimal healing, it is important that you complete the Prokera treatment period of 3-5 days. Your eye doctor may use tape to partially close your eyelid after PROKERA is inserted.
Special instructions for Prokera:
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, forceful blinking, or moving Prokera with your fingers
- Do not remove Prokera without consulting your eye doctor first
- Do not swim or soak your eye with water
Shower only when the eye is tightly closed
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery or perform functions that require unobstructed vision or good depth perception
- Use eye drops and other medications as prescribed by your eye doctor
Contact your eye doctor right away if you are uncomfortable or have any other problems with Prokera, such as swelling, redness or discharge.